TAG Heuer Formula 1 Gulf Racing Special Edition Watch 43mm CAZ101N.FC8243
TAG Heuer Formula 1 Gulf Racing Special Edition Watch CAZ101N.FC8243
The 2018 Gulf F1 uses a 43mm stainless steel case, the standard case offered across the Formula 1 Chronograph range. The case has a notched steel bezel with a lovely blue aluminum insert and a titanium-carbide coated crown and chronograph pushers.
The key element that sets the Gulf edition watch apart from other models is, of course, the dial, which starts with a dark blue base before adding the two Gulf stripes- light blue and orange. The off-center stripes are the same design as McQueen’s racing suit in Le Mans and the same featured on the 2018 Gulf Monaco and other Gulf-branded watches.
The same orange is used for the central chronograph hand, as well as the tips on the three lacquered sub-dial hands. We’re not a huge fan of the colored tips used on several TAG Heuer sub-dial hands -we’d rather see a solid color used, in this case, the simple black rather than to go to full orange hands.
Complementing the bespoke dial design is a fantastic new strap, reference FC8243. The strap is made from calfskin and has an unusual “asphalt” texture effect. On the inside of the strap is an orange rubber lining, with matching orange stitching.
Turn the watch over and you’ll see the standard Formula 1 caseback- with the exception of the Gulf logo. And behind the caseback is the Ronda 5040D quartz chronograph movement the same reliable movement offered across all Chronographs.
• 43 mm diameter
• Steel case
• Aluminum blue tachymeter fixed bezel
• Flat sapphire crystal
• Black PVD steel screw-down crown
• Steel crown protector
• Steel screw-down case back
• GULF logo special engraving
• Water resistance : 200 meters
• Blue dial with Gulf stripes
• 3 counters for chronograph
• Indexes and hour/ minute hands with white superluminova®
• TAG Heuer quartz movement, one of the most reliable and accurate made in Switzerland
• Powered by a battery
• Regulator (time-measuring device): quartz crystal.
• Electrical current that causes the crystal to vibrate very consistently and at a very high frequency (32,768 times per second).
• Almost perfect precision (a variation of only a few seconds per month.)
• Blue calf skin strap with asphalt texture
• Brushed steel pin buckle