CASIO G-SHOCK Full Metal Square Black 5000 GMWB5000GD-1 Watch Steel 35th
CASIO G-SHOCK Full Metal Square Black 5000 GMWB5000GD-1 Watch Steel
Currently on Backorder.
(Orders Placed today will ship in approximately 2-3 weeks.)
GMW-B5000 / Released to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic design.
A SQUARE CASE WITH A FULL-METAL SHOCK-RESISTANT STRUCTURE.
ACHIEVED THROUGH SYSTEMATIC EVOLUTION FROM ONE STAGE TO THE NEXT.
The first G-SHOCK model DW-5000C was born in 1983.
Its symbolic square design is reinvented with a full-metal shock-resistant structure and the latest advanced functions, including Smartphone Link.
The only truly tough watch continues to challenge greater heights.
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
EASY TO USE
with a simple operation on a smartphone app
with Bluetooth® + Radio-controlled
G-SHOCK ConnectedSmartphone App
Easy operation of various watch functions
- Automatic time adjustment*
- World Time for over 300 cities*
(+ original point)
- Localised calendar setting
(day/month display in EN, ES, DE, FR, IT, or RU)
- Reminder setting
- Time and place log
- Phone Finder
* Updating of internal data according to the latest time zone/ daylight saving time information
Full-metal shock-resistant structure
Fine-resin cushioning material is inserted between the stainless-steel case and bezel, and the module is enclosed in a protective shell. A shock-resistant structure with a metal exterior is realised, while maintaining the form of the first G-SHOCK model.
Square case design
With the GMW-B5000, the completely waste-free form G-SHOCK realised as the origin of its pursuit of shock resistance has reached a degree of perfection that can be considered its final form. A flat bezel is adopted for the square-shaped case, and the design of the first model is faithfully reproduced using metal.
The band connection sections employ a three-pronged structure to distribute the impact from shocks to the connection piping. Dimple-processing is conducted on the metal band links, moreover, and the resin band design of the first model is reproduced.
Premium metal finishing
Hair-line finishing is applied to the upper surface of the bezel and sides of the case and mirror finishing to the case back. Metal texturing is maximized throughout.
DLC-coated screw back
The highly airtight screw back is a adapted from the first G-SHOCK’s back. DLC treatment is applied to enhance its wear resistance.
The designs of the logo, function display, digital LCD and other features are modelled on those that embellished the dial of the first G-SHOCK DW-5000C.
Film material solar panel + STN LCD
The solar panel has been changed from glass to an easily processed film material. An opening provided in the centre suppresses reflections of outside light to improve the LCD’s visibility. Other advances include adoption of an STN LCD affording higher contrasts and a wider viewing angle.
2way (Bluetooth®/Radio-controlled) module
The standard time radio wave and Bluetooth® communications antenna are placed in the vicinity of the LCD window or button shafts to avoid any influence of the full-metal structure on reception sensitivity.
Super Illuminator (High-brightness LED backlight)
Super Illuminator senses ambient light and lights up automatically with just a tilt of the wrist in lowlight environments. A Fade-in/Fade-out function is installed for brightness control.
Reminder setting [Smartphone app]
Reminders of dates registered in the app appear on the watch in the form of both a title display and a special light-emission pattern, such as blinking or colour changes.
Time and place log [Smartphone app]This app enables you to stamp events and the time of their occurrence on the map with watch button operation. You can edit titles and manage entries as log data by G-SHOCK Connected app.
• Shock resistant
• 200m water resistance
• Solar powered
• LED backlight (Super illuminator)
• Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (2 seconds or 4 seconds) afterglow
• Time calibration signal reception
• Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)*5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal The latest signal reception results
• Time Calibration Signals, Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany) Frequency: 77.5 kHz Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England) Frequency: 60.0 kHz tation name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States) Frequency: 60.0 kHz Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga , Japan) Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China) Frequency: 68.5 kHz
• Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
• World Time
• 5 World time register-able 39 time zones (39 cities+coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off,Home city/World time city swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
• 5 Daily alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm
• Hourly time signal
• Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signals 1/100-second stopwatch
• Measuring capacity:00'00'00'~59'59'99(for the first 60 minutes) 1:00'00~23:59'59 (after 60 minutes)
• Measuring mode: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
• Countdown timer
• Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)1 second (after 60 minutes)
• Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
• Countdown range: 24 hours
• Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments
• Low battery alert
• Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
• Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
• 12/24-hour format
• Button operation tone on/off
• Button operation tone on/off
• Date display (day / month display swapping)
• Day display (days of the week selectable in six languages)
• Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
• Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
• Battery power indicator
• Approx. battery operating time: 10 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)22 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
• Module: 3459
• Size of case/total weight GMW-5000D 49.3 x 43.2 x 13.0mm / 167g
* Bluetooth® is a registered trademark or trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.