Oris introduces the third watch made in partnership with the Carl Brashear Foundation and the first powered by Oris’s in-house Calibre 401, a highly resistant five-day automatic. This special watch, which is limited to 2,000 pieces, becomes the first watch to carry Oris Calibre 401, the second movement from our new family of in-house automatics.
The new watch is cased in 40 mm of bronze, a material chosen to symbolise not just
the diving helmets worn by Carl during his career as a U.S. Navy Master Diver, but also because it’s a metal that will tell its own story. Bronze is a natural material that patinates as it reacts with oxygen in the air and moisture from your skin. Over time, it will take on a unique finish, like a visual chronicle of the wearer’s own life wearing the watch.
Carl Brashear overcame numerous challenges, both on account of his background and later disability, to become the U.S. Navy’s first African American diver and first amputee Master Diver. He is a man of honour and an inspiration to people all over the world.
- Case Multi-piece bronze case, uni-directional rotating bronze bezel with timing scale in relief
- Size 40.00 mm (1.575 inches)
- Dial Blue
- Luminous material Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova®
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both
- sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
- Operating devices Bronze screw-in security crown
- Strap Blue woven elastic nylon webbing strap with bronze buckle, specially produced in partnership with Erika’s Originals
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Number Oris Calibre 401
- Functions Centre hands for hours and minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, fine timing device and stop-second Accuracy -3/+5 seconds a day (within COSC tolerances)
- Extra features Highly anti-magnetic Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 120 hours
- Warranty Extended to 10 years with MyOris sign-up. Applies to watch and movement. 10-year recommended service intervals, five- year recommended water-resistance check
- Limited edition 2,000 pieces, each delivered in a special presentation box