The Canfield Chrono is our first chronograph watch built using a top loaded case construction. A technique which provides a sophisticated open dial viewing area showcasing a refined minute track and slim, diamond-cut hands, details you wonÌÎ_t find on any of our other watches. The Canfield Chrono comes equipped with a stopwatch function, signature coin edge detail on the case, and wire lugs.
- Case Stainless steel, with double curve sapphire crystal.
- Dial Midnight Blue with Super-LumiNova hands, numbers and indexes to maximize readability.
- Functions Hours, minutes, small seconds, date indicator, stopwatch function with two subdials.
- Movement Argonite 5021 quartz movement, hand assembled from 85 Swiss and other imported components.
- Watch Strap Premium American leather strap.
The Canfield requires a uniquely sensitive assembly process. Unlike any watch we've built before, all components of The Canfield are assembled through the front of the watch with the bezel closing last.
As always, the process begins with the movement being tested and attached to the dial. Then the placement of the gasket is checked, and everything, including the sapphire crystal, is thoroughly cleaned. Next, the watch head is placed on a casing cushion for support and the hands are checked for alignment. The top bezel is then carefully aligned with the red gasket. Once aligned, the watch head is placed on a press, and a hand lever is pulled down to secure the bezel to the case frame. At this stage, the watch frame is completely sealed. After the watch head is rigorously evaluated, it is fitted with either a US-made leather strap or an imported stainless steel bracelet. The end result is a beautiful timepiece assembled in our state-of-the-art Detroit factory and built to last a lifetime.
NAGI Jewelers is an Authorized Shinola Retailer.